Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Where Have I Been?

Even though I am regularly under the gun work-wise, it's not like me to go silent for a whole month on my own blog. After all, what's the point of having a blog if you do?

So since several people have e-mailed me about my absence, a public explanation is in order.

On November 4, 2005, my mother died. Her terminal state was told to us at the beginning of October, and frankly my life has not been the same since.

Where it has played out is in a loss of voice. She sits on my throat like an unswallowed lump, a writing about her blocking the way. Frankly, much of what is going on in the world seems comparatively unimportant.

If I didn't know it when I saw it, I would say that I am depressed. But I'm not - just grieving. And in that grief, less vocal than I would like to be. I've written a couple of things for DailyKOS and My Left Wing, but nothing for just me.

But it's coming back, soon. Those who actually give a shit what I have to say, bear with me as I go through this life transition.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss of your Mother.

I hope she is in a much better place!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences. Peace be to you and your family.

golden star

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You disappeared just after I discovered you. Losing your mother changes your life. I'm 5 years from my own loss. Still, you've come back wiser with this latest post.

I'm so happy to have discovered you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home